VPI - Virtual Platform Infrastructure
Phantosys original concept. For computers connected to a local server that can be synced to a central server on the cloud.
- Compatible with almost any type of computer (notebook, desktop, tablet PC, workstation, server, etc)
- Multi-site deployment, centrally managed on Public or Private Cloud server platforms
- 100% autonomous operation and local processing on the PC, with full compatibility with any software and peripherals
- All systems/software changes and updates are centralized and automatically distributed to all clients
- Several options of plug&play custom systems (Windows and Linux) and application sets
- Local management of disk snapshots, instant backup and restore
- Flexible storage architecture: all systems and data on client’s secure cache; all systems and data on server (diskless client); or hybrid mode (user data on server-side)
PHS - Phantosys Home Office Solution
For Home Office computers that can connect directly to the cloud server, using the PC’s internal storage to save Vdisks.
- The Local Boot Manager makes Vdisk systems available without dependency on the server or network connections
- Phantosys Local Cache provides secure and compliant systems, exactly as a local system
- Vdisks’ local cache is stored in the unallocated space of PC/Notebook internal storage (HDD/SSD)
- Full PC performance and transparent compatibility with any software and peripheral
- No need for VDA license fees, since there are no remote-access systems involved
- Complete isolation between local partitions (private systems) and systems on Vdisks
- Option to block access to ports and media devices (USB, DVD, etc) to prevent data leakage or malware contamination
- Users can save/restore Vdisk snapshots to perform instantaneous recovery of systems and data
- New versions of Vdisks (with changes and updates) can be downloaded without disturbing the user’s operation
PUS - Phantosys USB Solution
For Home Office computers that can connect directly to the cloud server, using a USB Pendrive to save Vdisks.
The PHS features plus:
- Phantosys Local Boot Manager and Vdisk local cache area stored on a USB* device, instead of the HDD/SSD
- More convenience for the BYOD user, as the computer’s internal storage is not used at all
- Data security is ensured by the configuration (server-side) of client access authorization by time, client’s MAC address, and Vdisk password
- Easy and fast deployment for BYOD or rental devices, by USB batch duplication
*Vdisk read/write performance depends on the USB device specs and communication standards (USB 4.0 recommended)
The same advantages of PHS on a portable storage device (USB pendrive)
PVDI - Phantosys VDI Solution
Phantosys VDI enables open-source VM platforms (such as Linux KVM) to connect to the Phantosys cloud, for remote-access users.
As Phantosys Virtual Disks can be deployed to any type of client (physical or virtual machine), we developed an integrated platform for managing open-source, cloud-based Virtual Clients, that can be accessed anywhere.
- All systems and software can be provided in a structured manner in specific configurations, which can be used both for cloud-based VMs and for local stand-alone computers
- The system/software configurations can be used flexibly on any internet-enabled device (Windows, Apple, Android, Chrome OS), including mobile and private devices (for BYOD)
- For multi-user operation, use the automatic recovery at every restart in order to always provide a default system for the next user
- Alternatively, manual data recovery can be used if the session data must not be deleted with each restart
- The recovery functions are available to both administrators and client users. In the event of a problem, the system can be quickly reset to the last saved snapshot